Thursday, April 30, 2020

Are you gay and is getting dressed hard? Listen up b*itch because I'm here for you

What clothes make you feel the most you when you're here, you're queer, and you just don't know where you fit in on the style spectrum?

Navigating the world of queer fashion can be intimidating, especially when you first come out, and it takes some time to feel comfortable enough to express who you are. My own personal brand of fashion is heavily based around thrifting because it combines sustainability, uniqueness and is budget friendly. Recently I've found myself incredibly inspired by many fashion bloggers but always let down by the inaccessibility of their designer wardrobes. (Who has 3k to drop on a new Armani suit every month?) So here I'm looking to create a space to share what works for me with you! Since coming out in 2012, my predominantly feminine style has gotten more androgynous, leaving myself with the question of how I can play around with gender expression in clothing while staying true to myself and what I like to wear.


I prefer sleek silhouettes and having a closet that leans on the minimalist side - black, white, grey and blue and not much outside of that color scheme. I think that style is something everyone should have fun with because its a type of creativity we can carry in our everyday life- and that feeling good on the inside can be greatly helped by feeling like who you are on the inside matches what you are presenting on the outside. So my goal here will be to share what outfit combinations works for me (and the ones that don'), where I shop, and my style tips (aka why you should never ever buy polyester!)

A bit about myself- I was born and raised in Washington State and I'm currently escaping the dystopia that is the United States by riding out the pandemic and the presidency Montreal, Canada. I'm a recent graduate in French studies, because I thought "hey, why not? If you're going to go for unemployment, why not go all in?" I'm passionate about bartending, my 15 houseplants, and good denim.


À Tantôt les amours!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Les filles les garcons : Queer style, tips, and advice
Blogger Templates by pipdig