Friday, April 9, 2021

HIGH FASHION ON A LOW BUDGET


Hello babies, it's SPRING and I'm back on my bullshit. Living in New York is stressful as hell sometimes if you compare your style to well...everyone else. I'm surrounded by queens who seem to be able to afford designer outfits from head to toe. But don't worry, because I'm here to spill all my secrets on how to look sleek as fuck on a budget. 

Heres what I'm wearing: 

Aritzia bodysuit- 15$ on depop (Retails for 48$)

Ganni Leopard Print Palazzo Pants- 60$ at Buffalo Exchange Williamsburg (Retails for 375, you can find it at the RealReal in the 150-200 range)

RocAustralia Cashew Platforms

Fancy Vintage Lady Cream Clutch- 5$ at a stoop sale 

Nasty Gal cropped jacket (I forget how much this was, probably like 20?)

Basically the key here is color blocking: Pairing one funky print with two solid colors so that the outfit pops but overall still gives off a cohesive look. I'm really into Aritzia bodysuits because of the thicker fabric (you don't need a bra and they seem like they would last longer) but I don't think they're worth full price. 

If you invest in anything, invest in shoes that fit well and aren't made of plastic. This is the best advice I can give on how to freshen yourself up. Even if you're wearing an old thrifted baggy shirt and vintage denim, if your shoes are quality, you will feel like a million bucks.

When I got these pants I hesitated because even for thrift store prices they were a little steep. The deciding factor was the material (they're made of silk not polyester). Picking fabrics that feel good on your body is inherently just another part of tapping into your sensuality and a way to feel absolutely gorgeous. 

Anyways thanks for reading and let me know what you think in the comments! And a big thank you to my instagram husband aka my irl girlfriend for patiently taking pictures of me 😘

xo 

Ryn










SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Les filles les garcons : Queer style, tips, and advice
Blogger Templates by pipdig